“The best political, social, and spiritual work we can do is to withdraw the projection of our own shadow onto others.” (Jung)
Understanding Projection: The Key to Handling Your (and other’s) Triggers
Next offering: Sat., October 14, 2023; 9 or 930 am start – 3 pm; $100; refreshments incld; lunch on your own; Qualicum Beach Civic Centre.
Contact Diane to be put on the registration list. Fees due by October 1. Full refund up to Oct. 6 midnight. Limited to 22 participants.
This trauma-informed workshop can be used for general personal awareness and insight as well as for counsellor/CYW/ECE/support worker and first responder professional theory/skill development. Content deals with a range of trigger reactions – from those ‘zings’ of hurt, disappointments, and resentments, to anger/rage, fear, and even falling in love.
It is rich with Depth Psychology knowledge explaining the unconscious/shadow and guides the participant in practical and in-depth explorations around the projection of our ‘stuff’ when poked, the origins of their triggers, the connection between past and now, and most importantly, how to process and lessen their intensity.
100% of attendees reported ‘a lot’ or ‘great deal’ increase in their level of self-awareness.
92% of attendees reported ‘a lot’ or ‘great deal’ better level of understanding about triggers/projections.
100% reported feeling ‘a lot’ or ‘great deal’ better in their ability to handle their triggers/annoyances.
This workshop can be adjusted to meet your in-house organization’s (or group of friends’/parents’) needs. Time can range from 3 – 5 hrs. CE certificates available.
Part 1 – What lies underneath our triggers?
- What is the unconscious?
- How is it formed? What is its role? How do you access its wisdom?
- What is shadow material?
- Identify when shadow (repressed) material shows up in everyday life (via the process of projection).
- Types of Projection: blame, resentments, disappointments, ‘should’ing others
Part 2 – Processing & Managing “Our Stuff”
- Learn to identify what triggers you.
- Identify the underlying feelings and thought patterns behind the trigger.
- Use practical and advanced tools to manage and process (& learn from!) these bothersome situations.
- Positive projection
- How to handle when people are projecting onto you
- Collective shadow projection
You will learn better ways to:
- Take ownership of your feelings & thoughts
- Take control of (better handle) situations
- Let go of and distance yourself from your (and others’) “stuff”
- See bothersome life experiences as learnings, insights, self-reflections (mirrors) of what is going on with YOU!
- BE CALM
There will be lots of take home reflective questions related to the material presented for participants to delve into for further insights.
What participants are saying …
“You are a very engaging leader . . . informed, intelligent and humorous.”
“You are a warm and inspiring presenter and facilitator. Thank you for sharing your gifts.”
“I enjoyed every activity – it was fun and insightful.”
“Thank you for a great experience.”
- Then & Now: The Impacts of Trauma & Childhood Adversity
- The Aging (45+) Woman: Consciously & Creatively Meeting Old Age
- Projection: Working with Our Shadow Material
- The Family: From Dysfunction to Detachment
- Emotional Wellness: Expressing Feelings for Health and Soul
- Your Brain in Love
- Life Losses: Dealing with Life’s Transitions
- DreamWork: Connecting with Your Inner Self
- The Middle Years & Beyond: Finding Meaning in the Second Half
- The Search for “Feeling Good”: The Science & Soul behind Our Addictive Ways