So, you’ve reached a point where …
- something is ‘just not right’
- there’s a need for a change (But what? And how do you make such a change?)
- you can’t take it (Whatever ‘it’ or ‘this’ is?) anymore!
You may even be thinking … I was meant for something more than this!
Whether it is depression, anxiety, past abuse or trauma, anger, grief, addiction, patterns of dysfunctional relationships, and even body symptoms, there is something deeper going on that is trying to get your attention.
People develop symptoms and experience suffering when they are stuck in old patterns. Patterns that are usual established in childhood, consciously or unconsciously. The task is to turn towards and befriend these symptoms, despite the pain they bring – they are not to be ignored or medicated away. Regardless of the diagnosis or symptoms, you are being asked to make a change.
There is no illness that is not at the same time an unsuccessful attempt at a cure.
– C.G. Jung
At these times you are asked to …
- go deeper into your self. You are asked to sift and sort through beliefs, feelings, roles and behaviours. Find out more about How I Work.
- explore who you truly are. You determine what qualities no longer serve your soul, letting go in order for new qualities and energy to enter your life.
- Ask yourself … “Who am I?” and “What do I want?”
You will …
- learn insights into past and current behaviour
- clear up past emotions and negative beliefs
- make more meaningful decisions based upon what you truly want
- become more empowered to live the life you imagine
Diane is a member in good standing with the Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCC, #1327). She received her Master’s in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute and holds both B.A. and B.Ed. degrees from the University of Western Ontario. She holds certification in EMDR therapy and as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP).
Areas of interest and expertise include: childhood and adult trauma, grief and loss, life transitions, addictions, anxiety, depression, anger, relationships and lack of meaning in life. Her integrative, in-depth approach goes below-the-surface and explores underlying thoughts, feelings and beliefs which drive patterns of behaviour.
She has authored the book, “Soul Reflections: Living a More Conscious & Meaningful Life,” was a columnist (‘The Joy of Being Jung’) for the former Oceanside Star paper, and had a 4-year monthly ‘Mindful Moment’ spot on The Beach 88.5 FM.
I offer 15-minute complimentary phone or in-person consultations.
Call 250-586-7380 or email to arrange a convenient time for you.
It is never too late to become what you might have been.
– George Eliot