Wed., May 11 7-9 pm FREE
Parksville Community Centre 223 Mills St., Parksville (beside Starbucks)
Learn about EMDR Therapy – Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing – a WHO approved trauma psychotherapy that is effective in reconsolidating any intense or bothersome event or thought. It helps more than trauma!
When the negative self-talk or anxiety does not go away despite all the positive affirmations, etc. When the defensive ‘ya-buts’ keep the looping and spiraling going. When we just can’t seem to shake the anger, guilt or resentments. EMDR helps to target, unravel and reprocess these deep-seated cognitions and feelings.
What would you like to “clear up”?
- memories that bother or haunt you (flashbacks, nightmares)
- negative beliefs (“I’m not good enough.” “I’m unlovable.”)
- certain situations (e.g., holidays, giving presentations)
- certain people (e.g., in-law, co-worker)
- a certain event/age (e.g., abuse, accident, a move)
- issues you thought you had “dealt with” or “got over”
- anxiety, anger, guilt, regrets
EMDR Therapy is a holistic somatic (body & feeling) based psychotherapy that focuses on the healing nature of the brain’s and psyche’s adaptive systems. The eye movements (bilateral stimulation) help process the rich (often) unconscious (both body and mind) material in a safe and effective manner. [* Dissociation, DID will not be covered.]
In this presentation we’ll explore:
- its therapeutic uses (what to ‘target’)
- EMDR’s 8-phase protocol (hopefully, a demonstration)
- With focus on how it heals or transforms (reprocesses)
Register or further info at:
Diane Hancox M.A. CCC